Youth Law Center Open Position
Office Manager – Full Time
Youth Law Center seeks an Office Manager to join a dynamic nonprofit team that advocates to transform foster care and juvenile justice systems across the nation, so every child and youth can thrive. Ideal candidates are customer service and results focused, organized, savvy with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office and Google Suite, experienced with overseeing office and administrative systems, self-motivated, detail oriented and committed to social justice. This position offers some flexibility including options for telecommuting part of the time.
About Youth Law Center
To learn more about our work visit our website: www.ylc.org.
The Youth Law Center, founded in 1978, advocates to transform foster care and juvenile justice systems across the nation, through 7 strategies: 1) technical assistance, 2) leadership and public education, 3) legislation and policy reform, 4) litigation, 5) media advocacy, 6) training and 7) the Quality Parenting Initiative. YLC is based in San Francisco but works in states across the country. The successful candidate will be:
- Passionately committed to our mission and clients
- A relationship builder/ team player
- Adaptable and eager to learn
- Strategic Problem Solver
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated
Youth Law Center has a strong commitment to building a diverse team who reflects our clients, including those with lived experience. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths and experiences in this area.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Managing the SF office and overseeing administrative functions
- Meeting and event planning and scheduling
- Assisting with human resources functions including new hire orientations, administering benefits programs, hiring of staff and law clerks
- Performing basic bookkeeping functions using QuickBooks
- Maintaining electronic and paper records and files
- Assisting with miscellaneous projects as requested
- Designing and implementing new systems and processes to improve efficiency and organization
- Minimum 3-5 years of equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Patience and diplomacy, with a problem-solving and customer service–oriented approach to working with a broad range of funders, vendors, staff and consultants.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent judgement, with an ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience independently working with minimal supervision and working collaboratively
- Commitment to advocacy on behalf of children and youth
Excellent benefits including health plan
- Apply online by submitting a cover letter and resume
- Applications that do not contain both cover letter and resume will not be considered.
- This position is open until filled.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter, resume, list of three personal references and a writing sample. Youth Law Center is an equal opportunity employer. Your application package may be submitted via the following link:Apply
Or, you may send it via postal mail to:
Youth Law Center
attn: Selina Weiss
832 Folsom Street, #700
San Francisco, CA 94107